Perhaps, it is time for you to expand your office to accommodate your growing business needs. While carrying out the selection process, you need to consider how work place design is likely to affect human behaviour. What you need is a well-designed office space. This can help provide our employees with innovation and the much-needed hope. But a poorly designed one is likely to down their morale.
Office architecture concepts
When considering your new office space design, office architecture that you wish to have should impact positively your workers. The following concepts can help your new office to be more effective and welcoming. Using such concepts within the office design can help develop a space that allows your workers to feel motivated, supported and comfortable to work.
What are the concepts you need to be aware of?
- Office amenities and location.
- Workplace design affects significantly human behaviour.
- Facilitate collaboration amongst supervisors and employees.
- Develop a comfortable and productive interior atmosphere.
Why need well-designed office space?
The very moment anyone walks through the office door, he/she is likely to feel the culture created by the designers, be it unintentionally or intentionally. Experts strongly believe that a well-designed office space can feel more energizing and open. Such designs promote free thinking while encouraging employees to become more productive. Effective architectural design concepts help nurture positive culture, thus enhancing day-to-day interactions and other aspects of your workers.
What happens with poor office design?
A poor designed office is likely to have a negative effect on those working in such environments. Dull cubicles, stiff chairs and harsh artificial lighting will only make your employees to feel demoralized and trapped. Moreover, your employees’ physical well-being is also affected negatively. Bad office ergonomics, for instance, is associated with stress, disabilities and chronic pain.
Workplace design and human behaviour
The fact is that humans are social in nature and meant to venture out more. They can work as teams for solving different types of complex problems. But sitting alone for more than 8 hours at the desk is not termed to be a natural activity. Human behaviour is rather affected by better workplace design. It caters to their natural instincts. Hence, your office space should have that similar feeling.
Navigation and office location crucial
Before designing your new office, it will be wise to take valuable inputs from your employees. Prepare a list of features that your employees would prefer to have in the new office design.
- Easy access to public transportation.
- Amenities within walking distance like outdoor seating areas, shops, restaurants, etc.
- Safe walking routes or biking lanes connected to office.
- Close freeway access.
- Individual semi-private space to make private calls.
- Flexible outdoor/indoor communal space to accommodate informal meetings and gatherings.
Other concepts to incorporate in the architecture design concept
The building interiors should also have the given-below architectural design concepts. Space needs to be easily accessible, flexible and navigable to everyone. The best architect firm in Delhi are likely to undertake the following measures:
- Welcoming, informative reception space: Lots of natural daylight combined with high ceilings can help set the right tone for your space. It is sure to feel bright and one. Strategic usage of accent colours, informative signage and casual seating can be useful.
- Informal gathering spaces: These are carved intentionally within an open office environment. The purpose is to provide a visual/spatial break while allowing diverse work and collaboration to take place. People desire options for editing work environments, something that is human in nature.
- Cluster flexible workstations: Workstations should be designed to permit your employees to work dynamically as a whole team on diverse projects. All workstations are to have motorized stand/sit capabilities, ergonomic seats. Personal, movable storage cabinet should be created to allow easy movement of team members to work on multiple projects.
Developing more comfortable and productive interior atmosphere
Human behaviour and interior workplace design are interconnected. Employees spend a good number of hours every week at the office. Their productivity and motivation is likely to wane if they keep on staring their cubicle walls or computer screens for days together. It becomes essential to fix such common problems. It is here that the certified architectural company can prove to be of great help.
Interior office architecture related concepts to adopt
- Better artificial lighting: It is important for your employees to view clearly their tasks. If natural light is less inside the office space, the environment can become dull and gloomy. Hence, daylit space can be augmented with modern artificial lights. This helps improve visibility. Diffused light directed upwards can be a great choice. It helps reduce computer screen glares while providing that more natural look in the office.
- Bring outside in: Daylighting does play a vital role. Studies conducted have revealed that natural light should be allowed to enter the built environment. It does offer the occupants with multiple benefits. Moreover, natural light improves health, mood and overall productivity. Building shape determines the amount of light that enters the space. Narrow floor plates when used can help allow more light to enter the building interiors.
Other things to consider
Besides the above other things should be taken into consideration like acoustics, light cycles, etc. Also better collaboration should be fostered among supervisors and employees. The experienced architectures will provide an office layout design that will enhance everyone’s happiness and offer better results. Well-designed office architecture can help show all employees that they are valued and cared for.